Among all of the other torrent search engines, ExtraTorrents Proxy is one of the most popular names in the torrent ecosystem and stands with the top torrent sites as Kickass and Pirate Bay. It was also massively popular for making downloading files easier as software, movies, and games, etc. And it also used the P2P (People to People) file-sharing method, which was well adapted.
ExtraTorrent started mainstreaming after 2006 and gained a massive amount of users who used to download and share files, movies, games, etc online. It had a huge collection of hyperlinks, torrent links as well as magnet links. One of the key features of this site was also its advanced search functionality, and there was nothing you couldn’t find with it also because of its larger number of active users.
But like every other torrent site ExtraTorrent site was shut down in 2017, mainly due to the WatchDogs copyright strike. After the website was pulled offline, there were many attempts to clone the whole website or even to make ExtraTorrent mirror sites by the torrent users community.
You will see the previously designed iconic layout in it. A pretty good looking theme in white and blue color that is user friendly also.
The site offers a list of all the best popular torrent sites in the center. On the left side, you can find all the newly launched articles, news, most searched torrents, and much more.
The menu bar has been attached to the top of the page. Through the menu, the major options as Browse Torrent, Site Stats, Searched Cloud, Community, and FAQ are available. All these options can be used to surf ExtraTorrent with one click.
The Popularity of Extratorrent
ExtraTorrant was an online torrent index of digital content of media, games, and software, etc. It was among the top 5 BitTorrent indexes in the world, which used to facilitate peer-to-peer or P2P file sharing among users. ExtraTorrent was founded in 2006 and closed down in 2017. Extratorrent voluntarily ceased all operations and closed the site out of the blue. The entire website was replaced with a message that the website was to shut down permanently including all of its mirror domains, and all for data relating to the website, its users, and its content will be wiped out.
Shortly after the shutdown of the official ExtraTorrent website, multiple clones appeared online. But they all turned out re-skinned proxy of some other popular websites. But to this day there is no official announcement from the original founders of ExtraTorrents.
How to Unblock ExtraTorrent?
If the ExtraTorrents website is not working in your region, you Should probably use proxies or VPNs since they are mostly free and easy to use. There are several other methods too which you could use as changing the DNS of your computer but it requires some technical knowledge, so average users should stay away from it. We have provided links for some of the best proxies which you could check out.
Using a Web Proxy to Unblock ExtraTorrent
A web proxy acts as a middleman between you (the client) and the website itself. These proxies change your IP address and drive the web traffic from your browser to the torrent website and make it look like you are from another country where the torrent website is not banned. These web proxies can do this because their servers are located in regions where the restrictions on the torrent site are minimal and they change your IP with their own.
If Extratorrent is banned in your country and you are looking to access ExtraTorrent, You should use web proxies as these are easy to use and we have also provided links to some of the best ones here. For anyone who is looking forward to using and downloading content using Extratorrent, there is no better way to unblock ExtraTorrent than to use a proxy server.
Using a VPN to Unblock ExtraTorrent
You can also use a VPN if you live in a country like China where torrent sites are banned for unblocking torrent sites. You can simply download VPN software or even a browser extension, many of them are also free. Then you would have to simply choose another country’s server and visit ExtraTorrent or any other torrent site or any site you want.
Check This out: The best VPN service 2020-2021
VPNs also work the same as proxies, they change your IP address and make it look like you are from another country. All of your online activities will be kept private by masking your IP address.
Changing the DNS to Unblock Extratorrent
You can also use Google’s public DNS to avoid blocking a website at the DNS level. But it’s a bit technical, You have to go to your network settings and change your DNS settings (server address) to Google’s public DNS address.
The procedure for changing your DNS settings depends on your operating system as well as its version (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc) or the device (computer, phone, or router). These procedures might not apply to your device.
Note: Please do this only if you have some short idea of what you’re doing and know its consequences. We recommend that only experienced users who are comfortable with configuring OS settings make these changes. If you are not please use the other two listed.
Example: Changing the DNS server address on Windows 10
- Firstly go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet then, Network and Sharing Center then, Change adapter settings.
- Select the connection for which you want to change the DNS server address. For example:
- To change the Ethernet Connection settings, right-click on the Ethernet option, and select Properties.
- To change the Wireless Connection settings, right-click on the Wi-Fi option, and select Properties.
- Then if you were prompted for any confirmation or more specifically the administrator password, provide the confirmation or the password.
- Select the Networking tab, here from inside of the This connection uses the following items, select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) according to you and then click Properties or just double click.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab from the top bar. If there are any server IP addresses listed here, firstly write them down somewhere as it could come in handy someday, then remove them from this window. Click OK after that.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down too, as these can be quite helpful if you need them for anything later on.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers or any other server that you seem fit as cloud flare or Quad9 DNS etc.
- For IPv4: 18.104.22.168 and/or 22.214.171.124.
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
- Test that your setup is working correctly, open up some websites, etc.
- If you want to change anything you can repeat the same procedure for making any changes to your additional network connections.
So, in this article, we have discussed Extratorrent Proxies. We shared with you the best working alternative methods. We also provided you with the best VPN services, VPN Chrome extensions, and Web proxy sites. We hope this has been helpful to you. If you have any questions, comment down below.
Disclaimer: This article is only for educational purposes. We recommend you use these methods for good purpose and hope for safe browsing. Proxies and VPN are not unsafe but the website you are visiting can be. That’s why harmful and unsafe websites are blocked by the ISP or Governments. So, if you are using these methods for anonymous browsing you must have basic knowledge of them.