If you’re new to QuickBooks and have no idea where to start? Then this is the article for you. Every new software has its own functions and complexities which need attention.
Furthermore, it handles all your accounting records, tracks payments, prepares bills, organizes clients, and employees which is a lot to do. It even allows you to exchange data with a Microsoft Windows application that enables web services also known as QuickBooks web connector.
In this post, you will get to know more about:
- How to install quickbooks
- How to create a company profile.
- How to set up your vendor, employee and customers account in quickbooks.
keep on reading till the last so you don’t miss out on anything.
How to install QuickBooks?
Let’s start with the basics first, one of the best practices for Quickbooks smooth installation is to make sure other applications are already installed like a pdf reader, Microsoft excel, any antivirus for validating file sharing.
Now, you can follow these steps to install QuickBooks:
Step 1. Download QuickBooks
First and foremost, download QuickBooks on your computer
Step 2. Specify the type of install
After installation, specify what type of install you want. If you are not sharing QuickBooks with any other computer network then go for the option “ I’ll be using Quickbooks on this computer” similarly use the network sharing option If others are allowed to access your account.
Step 3. Activate QuickBooks
Then, activate QuickBooks desktop software.
Step 4. Set up your QuickBooks
Now, set up your QuickBooks file, for which you need financial papers including business names, tax ID numbers, and other financial statements.
Now that you know how to install Quickbooks, you must know how to create a QuickBooks desktop company file for further use of Quickbook.
How to create a company file?
Creating a company profile works in your favor, you can get all your financial info and also keep a track of how your company is growing with the help of a company file.
So, follow the simple steps listed below to create a new company file in QuickBooks.
- Step-1 Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Step-2 Then click on “Create a new company”.
- Step-3 Now you have two options:
- If you want to start right away then select Express Start or Start Setup. Fill up your business, industry name, and business type to create your company file.
- Else you can select Detailed Start if you want to do a complete setup entering every detail.
- Step-4 Follow the steps shown on the screen and complete it. Give a unique name to this new company file.
Now that you know how to set up your new company file, you’re good to go and can start working in QuickBooks.
Set up and manage your vendor, employee, and customer accounts
We cannot forget that QuickBooks helps you to keep a track of all the accounting activities whether it’s for your employees, vendors for small businesses or your dear customers.
Now, the question is how to set up all these three accounts in your new company file, follow these steps to know more about the same.
- Step-1 Firstly go to the “Vendor Center” in the top toolbar.
- Step-2 Then, Choose the “New Vendor” button.
- Step-3 To add a transaction click on “New Transaction.”
- Step-4 Click “Excel” or “Word” to complete these actions if you want to export your vendor information or draft a letter in word for the same.
- Step-1 Click on “Employee Center” to create one.
- Step-2 Choose “New Employee” and add details of the employee.
- Step-3 Then, click on the “Transaction” to add transaction details.
- Step-4 Lastly, use the “Enter Time” option.
- Step-1 Firstly, click on the customer center.
- Step-2 Then add “New Customer and Job” for a new source of income.
- Step-3 Click on “New Transaction” to add invoices, different transactions, and payments.
Following these steps, you can check the money owed to you or the recent record of transactions for your company.
In Conclusion, QuickBooks is a Software which is mainly used by small and mid-sized companies. If you are a new customer and want to know how to use Quickbooks then learn the basics before moving on to complex options.
The whole idea of this post was to make you aware of the QuickBooks installation process and managing company files. Hope you find this informative and a good read.